Shortly after I joined the conference sales team here at the University of Leeds; Lisa and I attended a course for two days of sales and marketing training. The training was very useful for my new role and I even got to bond with my new colleague over a glass of wine or two in the evening.
Back at the office we sat down with our manager and filled her in on our new found knowledge and expertise. After talking branding, target markets and question funneling our unanimous conclusion was: the most important thing at MEETinLEEDS is the added value we can offer our customers.
“In the sales and marketing office we work together with our enthusiastic event managers, award winning chefs and outstanding catering delivery team to make your event a success”
On campus we have so many excellent facilities available that can be booked and used by delegates – certainly adding extra value to any event! These include:
• A state of the art gym, swimming pool, squash courts and even a climbing wall!
• An outdoor sports park with over 100 acres of facilities.
• Two free permanent exhibitions on site (The Marks & Spencer’s Company Archive and the Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery)
• Furthermore our campus offers: year round accommodation, hairdressers, nail bar, supermarket, nightclub, bars, bookshop, bank and numerous coffees bars.
The MEETinLEEDS team are a friendly and welcoming bunch; which was great for me being a new member. In the sales and marketing office we work together with our enthusiastic event managers, award winning chefs and outstanding catering delivery team to make your event a success. One of our core values at the University is to go the extra mile for our customers.
Leeds is an exciting city and we have plenty of places to explore on our door step. From museums, ballet, opera and art to concerts at the First Direct Arena and a new shopping centre; there is always plenty to do in Leeds. We also have excellent transport connections including Leeds/Bradford Airport and a number of major events in the city. We’ve just had the Tour de Yorkshire and Live at Leeds Festival which has been voted the best urban festival in the UK! If you do decide to come and visit, make sure you ‘Live Leeds like a Local!’
MEETinLEEDS is the brand name of the conference, meeting, training, and events facilities of the University of Leeds.
The University offers a wide range of conference facilities: from a simple day meeting to a fully-managed residential conference, and all close to the heart of Leeds. Contact us on 0113 343 6100.
Terms & Conditions
News & Blogs
- Ask the Expert: Once all of this is over, what will the future of events within Leeds look like?May 15, 2020 - 10:26 am
- Ask the Expert: How have events across Leeds adapted during COVID-19?May 14, 2020 - 10:51 am
- Ask the Expert: How has the effects of COVID-19 had an impact on the conferencing media landscape?May 13, 2020 - 8:13 am
We’d love to hear from you.
Call us on 0113 343 6100. Or contact us via our social channels: