Simply by visiting this page you might have noticed that the MEETinLEEDS website has changed a bit! From a customers point of view it really is only a bit too: a few design changes here or there, larger images and easy to use maps; but we hope you’ll agree that it’s made a big difference.
One of the biggest features of the new site is this… the blog! We’re no strangers to blogging, we’ve been posting our thoughts and ideas for a few years now but we’ve always done it ‘off-site’ using Google’s blogging platform. We like our blogs because we feel it gives everybody a better idea of who we are as a team, and we’re a great team, so we’re bringing our blogs onto the main website and making sure that they’re more visible than they have been.
Another feature of the new site is that we’ve used a responsive design. We’ve noticed that more and more visitors to our site are viewing them on mobile platforms (over the past month alone 15% of our views were on mobile or tablet devices) and we want to make sure that everybody who visits our site has the same great experience and can find the information they’re looking for as quickly as possible. By using a design that responds to the device that it’s being viewed on, whether desktop, mobile or tablet we can make sure that our site remains easy to navigate for everybody.
The biggest change to the site though is behind the scenes. We’ve changed the way that we maintain meetinleeds.co.uk which means that we’re better equipped to keep up with new ways of bringing you the information that you need to plan your next event. Although the site has only changed slightly we hope to bring you many more incremental updates in the near future so make sure you visit again and again!
Here are some of the improvements that you’ll find:
- Links to our latest news and blogs are on the footer of every page so that you can easily find out what we’re thinking and doing!
- The site works perfectly no matter whether you’re viewing on a desktop computer, a tablet or a mobile device
- All our images are bigger, brighter and better! This means you can see for yourself how fantastic our venues are before you step foot on campus
- Location details for each venue is now in the sidebar
- Links to our venue categories are now on all our venue pages meaning you can easily navigate to our different venues
- Icons that link to our social channels are at the top of every page so you can quickly find out what we’re talking about